Build your eShop: Easy steps to guide you through the process of launching your online store
€480 (Fully Funded)
Accommodation & Other
Up to €160 per day (Fully Funded)
With everything that is going on in the world, having your business online is essential and the good news is, it has never been easier.
With the right guidance, you will be able to list your products quickly, take payments, and handle shipping – all you need is passion.
The twofold aim of the course is:
• To equip youth workers with digital skills for supporting future entrepreneurs in their communities.
• To equip youngsters with digital skills for creating and managing an online store using the WordPress platform and various useful plugins.
- Website Setup (Including: Domain Name & Hosting, Installing WordPress, choosing a theme and creating Creating a logo/favicon)
- Customising the site by designing the homepage, adding pages, editing navigation menus
- Designing the store (Add/edit the products, Categorising the products)
- Payments (Add payment gateway, SSL Certificate)
- Exploring further plugins
Aims in relation to the development of your organisation
• Organisations will benefit from enriching their organisations’ expertise and upgrade their services.
• Organisations will gain expert youth workers whose profiles will be upgraded through a professional development course in order to be able to support Young People’s initiatives and be promoters of sustainable development.
• Youth Workers’ profiles will be upgraded and will be able to improve the quality of non-formal learning activities and enhance the know-how of future entrepreneurs.
• Young Workers and People will be able to build strong networks of cooperation for the future and meet the needs of the labour market.
* The course can be modified according to the preferences of the attendees
Get to- know each other with ice-breaking activities, followed by an introduction to the course and a presentation of the weekly schedule including the social activities and other practical arrangements.
An open discussion on why eCommerce is essential nowadays will take place and a presentation of the benefits of having an online store and the factors of eCommerce success.
All participants will then register to the Emphasys training platform which will give free access to all the materials and supporting documentation of the course as well as a discussion forum for communication with all trainers and participants.
We will learn how to set up our store! An introduction to the concept of Website design using WordPress, its features, benefits and usage. Various examples of good and bad practices when building an eShop will be presented, followed with some tips on how to choose a domain name and install/setup WordPress.
We will then see how to install a template that will make our site look visually pleasing without the need for coding!
We will learn how to activate the chosen theme and customise our eShop. This will include how to change the text size, font, colour schemes, adding pages to create our menu and many more features!
We will then proceed to create an impressive homepage, and why information regarding shipping and returns policies are important to be presented on our site.
We will learn how to get organised by creating a spreadsheet and defining the main features of our product such as a name, initial/sale price, categories, stock, tags and many more.
Also, understanding the importance of choosing high-quality pictures of products for the correct visual representation of the products and finally, we will learn how to add/import our products on our eShop and categorise them.
Another important aspect considering eShops is the payment method, so we will learn how to connect a payment option to our e-shop.
Shipping methods are also an essential aspect; it is essential to provide various shipping methods to our customers and design the shipping rates and taxes based on the method and distance.
To conclude, we will learn how to choose and install helpful plugins that will provide visitors with a unique experience. We will learn how to add testimonials, a newsletter subscription, a contact form and any other elements we can think of.
Additionally, before taking our website live, we will ensure to test for typos, missing links, broken images etc.
Finally, we will have the opportunity to present our work to each other, receive feedback, revise and finalise our site!
To conclude, we will conduct the course evaluation, recommendations, outcomes and further steps via the remote support of the Emphasys Key Action 1 platform, followed by the award of certificates to the attendees, arrangements and assistance for airport transportation.
*The above dates can be flexible, whereas new ones can also be provided to accommodate the needs or availability of participants.